Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hi a..h.... of the world,
Better on paper, give me a break
And while you're at it why don't you just take
Everything that you need before you leave
Because it's all free in love to receive
But wait oh that's right
You don't like to fight
You're never one to judge
But I've been on the stand and the jury wouldn't even budge
So you took the easy way out
Didn't want to shout
On the street corner
And I left as a mourner
Of the love that we had lost
Even though we always knew there'd be a cost
I didn't want to believe it
But then I realized that the bug bit
And then it died
Along with all you ever lied
Truth comes out
I knew what you were about
Had to hear it from your friends
And you're still trying to make amends
I went out the next night
Almost started a fight
With a bitch I'd never met
I could've taken her I bet
But I took the high road
Because I was always told
Karma is a bitch
One rude thing and bad luck will hitch
Onto your back for life
Can't even kill it with a knife
So I just walked away
And now on this day
I've moved on
All those old feelings are gone
There's a new guy
And all the things we do together are fly
Too much fun
I'm finally able to tan with all my friends in the sun
I work with no regret
All my expectations have been met
I'm going on a trip
You can bet I'm not whipped
I'm feeling strong
It just didn't belong
Vitamin C always said graduation wasn't easy
But I found it was breezy.
Fuck it.
Choke on that rhyme for now.
xx. julie
much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment